Wednesday, June 17, 2009

BUMP -- Freedom for Iran thread

This is to keep a current thread open for reports and commentary on the Freedom Uprising in Iran in the wake of the "Presidential Election" of June 12th.

BUMP: Here is The Weekly Item on the Insurrection from Monday here at CompHyp. I linked to several more recent items of interest *in the Comments* there.

***

Here is the latest from RFE/RL's Radio Farda on Day Five of the protests, and here is their ongoing Iran Election Diary with all manner of short subjects and eyewitness reports from the Insurrection.

***

Iran's Hidden Revolution, or more correctly: How the IRGC took over Iran's government
"Mr. Ahmadinejad is so unworried he jets off to Russia..."

***

An astoundingly good weblog on the events, by Iranians inside and outside the country. Raye Man Kojast? (Where is my vote?). Hat tip to Michael J. Totten for recommending this.

***
18.June

Robert Fisk, via ABC (Australia), who is on the streets inside Iran.

***

2 comments:

Purr said...

hey LDG---

Are they still at it in Iran? I haven't checked out the news today--
I will swing by here later as I have a late afternoon with not much to do and I don't feel like cleaning-- I see my interesting articles here--

L.Douglas Garrett said...

@Susan

Oh yes, still at it.

New thread on this topic open now.